We are a recognized provider of custom solutions across various
verticals, specializing in the online entertainment industry with focus on
sports. Among our most prominent customers is Sportpesa, the leading
sportsbook in Africa.
We offer turnkey computing solutions, systems support, web hosting,
e-commerce, web development and web-based applications,
customized for the specific market needs and demands. Our
SMS/USSD and Mobile software solutions gear our partners to gain
mileage ahead of their rivals.
Our mission is to build cutting-edge applications, which deliver long
term commercial benefits and make technology the asset for our clients’
Our team of trailblazers, innovators, problem solvers and creative
minds is seeking an experienced Front End Developer.
Front End Developer
Reporting to the Product Development Manager
The Front End Developer Analyst will be accountable to execute
aggressive schedules that meet stringent demands for quality,
functionality, support, identify industry best practices for user
experiences and ensure that they are leveraged to address business
and user goals. This is a hands-on developer role, working in a small
team to create products that sit at the forefront of betting and gaming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UI; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets
- Contribute to support operational needs, including testing, tool building and bug fixing problems that are impacting our technical and support teams
- Develop USSD applications
- Manage technical relationships with internal and external developers and suppliers on an ongoing basis, write developments, feature enhancements, preparation of technical specifications and product bug fixes
- Innovate on building highly scalable and responsive applications
- APIs Architect and implement backend services that will support our web and mobile clients
- Maintain the existing codebase that powers our platform
- Work closely with the rest of the team to bring our features into production
Knowledge and experience
- Experience with build tools like Grunt/Gulp and Sass/Less
- /CSS3, and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g., Phonegap, Python, Objective-C, etc.)
- Experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services, performance tuning large scale applications, and front-end optimization principles and techniques
- Solid experience in PHP, Symfony2 software programming and a deep understanding of web services (REST, SOAP & JSON).
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, etc.) data stores
- Familiar with Online Gaming.
- Good working knowledge of Linux/Unix OS (Debian)
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proven experience with Atlassian Jira / Confluence system
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer science
- Have solid grounding in computer science fundamentals, and handson experiences working at consumer-facing and scalable Web application
- Have first-hand understanding of Agile development methodologies